Tuesday 12 July 2011

Rachel Bilson

Rachel Bilson Biography

Date of Birth
25 August 1981, Los Angeles, California, USA

Birth Name
Rachel Sarah Bilson

Height
5' 5" (1.65 m)

Trivia
Graduated from Notre Dame High School in 1999

Participated in stage productions of "Bye Bye Birdie," "Once Upon A Mattress" and "The Crucible."

She has a younger step-sister (born 2001).

Grandaughter of Bruce Bilson

Niece of Julie Ahlberg

Was a recurring character on "The O.C." (2003) until she was offered a contract, and became a regular. She was added to the opening credits in the episode, "The Countdown".

Has a passion for basketball and is a fan of the Los Angeles Lakers.

Is a fan of fashion. Her favourite designers are Stella McCartney and Coco Chanel.

Resides in a two-bedroom condo in Hollywood Hills that has been in her family for years with her best friend.

Some of her favorite actors include Kate Winslet, Johnny Depp, Audrey Hepburn, and Woody Allen.

Is the spokesperson for Bongo jeans.

Daughter of writer/director Danny Bilson and stepdaughter of Heather Medway.

Great-granddaughter of George Bilson and Hattie Bilson

She has a passion for shoes and loves to shop at Target.

Measures a 34C bustline. (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine)

She likes to collect vintage shoes and purses.

Attended the same high school (Notre Dame High School in Los Angeles) as Kirsten Dunst, but was a grade ahead of her.

Named #6 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.

Ranked as #77 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)

Attended the same high school as American Idol star Katharine McPhee

At age 14, she was involved in a head-on car accident, was unconscious for 4 days and as a result has a scar above her right eyebrow.

Split from her boyfriend of over two years, her "The O.C." (2003) co-star Adam Brody.

Ranked #39 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.

Her favorite animal are pigs; she will not eat any pork products.

Is an Italian-American.

Ranked #28 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.

Was engaged to her Jumper (2008) co-star and then boyfriend Hayden Christensen from February 2009 until June 2010.

She has partnered with DKNY to create and market a designer jeans line called Edie Rose.

Is best friend with Mischa Barton and Samaire Armstrong.

She has described herself as having a "vintage" sense of style, and noted Kate Moss and Diane Keaton. as inspirations.

She's InStyle's columnist.

Has two younger half- sisters, Hattie & Rosemary, from her father's second marriage.

Learned to play the piano after a serious car accident when she was younger to help with her hand eye coordination.

On September 20, 2008, Rachel acted as maid of honor during the wedding of her close friend, Jill Stonerick, to "The O.C." (2003) creator Josh Schwartz. She also designed the dresses for the bridesmaids.

Shares a birthday of August 25 with her great-grandfather George Bilson.


Personal Quotes
I grew up sort of like a princess. I know that sounds awful, but I was the baby of the family. I had older brothers, so the little girl always gets everything she wants. As I've gotten older, I've realized that if you want something bad enough, you can have it. I've never gone after something I didn't get. Not yet.

It's great playing someone who is not like me at all. I'm really a nice girl, so it's fun to be a bitch, then come home and be myself again. When I meet people now, they're surprised that I'm a good person.

I love the fact that we play people who are not like us at all and we can just go crazy at work and then be very normal after filming.

I feel very lucky to work in the environment that I work in. I'm surrounded by people that I love and care about and who make me laugh every day. I get to work with my friends and you really can't ask for more than that.

A lot of people are surprised by how nice I am. Summer and I are both driven, but I'm not snobby. I'm a pretty good conversationalist and I like meeting new people.

I feel like you have to be who you are and be true to yourself first, always. You can't worry about how your're going to be perceived by other people. I have a quote that my mom taught me: 'It's none of my business what other people think of me.'

"Josh Schwartz likes to dress me up. It's uncomfortable being in that Little Miss Vixen outfit for 17 hours, but it's fun as long as you can make fun of yourself. That's key".

I kind of just take things one day at a time and do what I do and hope that I'm not known as Summer Roberts for the rest of my life. But I'm grateful that she is known, and that I'm known for her, because it's really brought me everything.

It was like second nature in a way, because I was familiar with the sets and stuff and it wasn't like a strange world. It was like all things in life: You try it and if it makes you happy, it sticks. (On starting professional acting.)

I feel pretty strongly about it, morally. It's not necessary to be exploited in that kind of way. I can't say that I'll never do it, but I don't see a reason now, especially when you're still trying to establish yourself. It's just more important to be known for your acting and that you're not willing to strip down for a scene. (On her refusal to film nude scenes.)

I hate it when people are like, 'How do you stay thin?' or 'Do you work out? What's your routine? What's your diet?' Then it's like, 'If I tell you I don't, then are you going to give me a hard time?'
Rachel Bilson
Rachel Bilson
Rachel Bilson
Rachel Bilson
Rachel Bilson
Rachel Bilson
Rachel Bilson
Rachel Bilson
Chelsea Lately: Chelsea Lately: Rachel Bilson

Rachel Bilson on Craig Fergusson


No comments:

Post a Comment